Images are representations only.
TOOL-LESS® ClosuresBrand: Sypris Technologies
Process industry piping engineers and equipment designers, in response to safety concerns and the need to increase productivity and reduce downtime, are revising their specifications to require extremely quick opening type closures that do not require tools.
Anticipating this trend, Tube Turns®’ TOOL-LESS® closure was introduced in 2008, with great success.
Applications include scraper traps, filters, strainers, separators/coalescers, terminal manifolds, meter provers, distillation towers, storage tanks or any pressure vessel requiring frequent access.
The TOOL-LESS® closure satisfies the design requirements of ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, and Section VIII, Div. 1.
The entire design has been verified through proven stress calculations, the latest finite element analysis software, and strain gauge testing, establishing a high level of confidence in the structural integrity of the TOOL-LESS® closure.
In addition, fatigue analysis based on severe field condition data has been successfully conducted on all closure sizes and classes.
TOOL-LESS® closures are available in Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, and other alloys, along with a choice of elastomer lip seal materials to meet the user’s temperature and process compatibility requirements.
- TOOL-LESS® Closure IOM - Spanish (pdf) (4.3 MB)
- TOOL-LESS® Closure IOM TT750 (pdf) (524 KB)
- TOOL-LESS® Closure IOM TT750 - Portuguese (pdf) (497 KB)
- TOOL-LESS® Closure IOM TT750 -French (pdf) (219 KB)
- TOOL-LESS® Overlay Locking Surfaces (pdf) (12 KB)
- TOOL-LESS® Overlay Sealing Surfaces (pdf) (12 KB)
- TOOL-LESS® Overlay Wetted Surfaces (pdf) (12 KB)